Planting a New Lawn Using Sod in the Spring
The Great Big Greenhouse Center stocks fresh certified fescue sod. We receive new pallets of sod every week during the spring growing season. For large orders of sod visit the nursery or call us and we will be happy to make a special order. Our sod is delivered from local sod farms.
Prepare soil for new sod
- Remove all debris and vegetation from planting area
- Add 1-2" of Orgro ( Orgro covers approximately 300 square feet 1" deep)
- Rototill Orgro into soil
- Rake smooth
Lay your new sod on the prepared soil. When laying sod you need to keep the seams very close together. On a slope lay the sod so that the seams are running across the slope.
- Keep sod wet until established
- Fertilize with Scotts Lawn Starter
- Mow sod when it has grown 2-3"
- During the first summer, sod will need at least one inch of water per week
Our sod is sold in one square yard strips. The dimensions are 24"x60".